|Carob brownie bars (gluten free)|
People have a hard time believing these aren't chocolate or that they're gluten free!
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup roasted carob powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup melted unsalted butter or coconut oil, cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- extras: 2 tablespoons dark chocolate chips, pecans or walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients (flour, salt, and carob powder) until blended.
- In a separate bowl, mix together wet ingredients (eggs, maple syrup, butter or coconut oil, and vanilla extract) until blended.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix well. Let batter sit for a few minutes and mix again.
- Stir in extras (chocolate chips or nuts) if you wish.
- Line an 8" x 8" brownie pan with parchment paper. Pour or spoon the batter into the pan and smooth out the top.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the brownies comes out clean.
- Cool fully before slicing. Store sealed for a few days at room temperature or a week in the refrigerator.